Download 50-page BIM Report:
Examples on the use of BIM processes to enhance construction worker & site safety are highlighted by contractors in the report.
BIM provides the value of visually simulating construction safety situations. Turner Construction and Skanska Construction discuss their use of BIM for Safety in two separate areas of this 50-page report:
1) Emerging Uses of Technology to Advance Safety
The continued adoption of digital tools such as Building information Modeling (BIM), has prompted some construction firms to explore the potential uses of these tools for safety planning and training.
- Site Safety Plans
- Code Checking
- Safety Planning, Training and Evaluation
2) Wearable Devices and Onsite Safety
Technologies that attach to—or are incorporated in—standard safety equipment such as vests and helmets can be part of a system that warns workers and/or supervisors when risks arise and can also provide data for analysis after incidents occur.
- Identifying Worker Skills,
- Training and Locations
- Warning Systems Augmented and Virtual Reality
Additional McGraw-Hill SmartMarket BIM Reports reference the use of BIM for Safety and are available for free download on Bradley BIM Portal.
Bradley Articles with These McGraw-Hill SmartMarket BIM Reports:
- Measuring the Impact of BIM on Complex Buildings SmartMarket Report
Additional Bradley BIM for Construction Safety Articles
- Revit-BIM Manages Construction Site Assets and Safety
- BIM for Virtual & Augmented Reality. Game On!
- BIM Process Improving Construction Site Safety | Turner Construction
Bradley Revit Library Articles: