Consider this option for for transferring and integrating Bradley Revit Family Library components into your Bentley MicroStation projects.
The US Army Corps of Engineers has been a major legacy Bentley client. USACE now includes Revit in their 2012 BIM Road Map of products. I am checking with my USACE BIM Practice Team contacts, to verify if the i-model plug-in may be an acceptable tool for their USACE Bentley deliverable.
For non-USACE projects, contact your project member(s) that are using Bentley on your team regarding the feature/functionality of i-model plug-in. The family model(s) that are exported from Revit to a Bentley format, are individual blocks; similar to an ADSK file.
I am confirming, whether these Bentley models can be edited by Bentley. The advice I received earlier today; indicates they are not editable in Bentley. Your project partners should be aware of this functionality in case it becomes a limitation for them.
WHAT is the i-model plug-in for Revit?
The i-model plug-in for Revit lets users save their Revit models to an i-model file from within the Revit application
The i-model plug-in for Revit allows users to save their Revit models in a way that lets users open them in MicroStation, Bentley Navigator, AECOsim Building Designer, and many other Bentley building products, retaining the Revit properties information from the Revit model.
The plug-in is designed to help teams working in a mixed Bentley/Revit environment to be able to reference Revit models into a MicroStation-based design workflow for coordination purposes, interference detection, and similar tasks.
The i-model plug-in for Revit works with the 2010-2013 versions of the Revit products, including Architecture, MEP, and Structure, and includes support for the 64-bit versions.
HOW does the i-model plug-in for Revit Work?
- Select and Download the i-model plug-in (app) for your Revit software version.
- Close Revit and Install the i-model app on your system
- Start Revit and the Bentley i-model pull down menu appears in your Revit software.
- The i-model plug-in exports the family content that is displaying in a Revit PROJECT file. (*.RVT) Does NOT work from a Revit family file. (*.RFA)
- For example, if you have a Revit family, with 5 family types; ALL 5 family types MUST be placed and displaying in the project file prior to exporting.
Bentley i-model for Revit Features
- One-step process that does not require MicroStation or other Bentley applications
- Integrated with Bentley Navigator for redlining, clash detection, and other federated information workflows
- Works with multiple versions of Revit products
Current List of Bentley Apps for Revit
Visit Bentley iWare Apps for Information Mobility Page | Apps for Revit Users
i-model plug-in for Revit | Publish i-models from Autodesk Revit for open infrastructure information exchange
i-model plug-in for Adobe Reader | Leverage i-models for intelligent 3D PDF
ISM Revit plug-in | Coordinate, change, and synchronize structural data
RAM Structural System - Revit Link | Achieve interoperability between RAM Structural System and Revit Structure
Related Bradley BIM Articles: